Monday, March 29, 2010

Passover dinner...(sorta)

Monday Day 2 of Passion week around the Dunlap home was fun, and full of wonderful learning experiences.  Passover begins Monday at Sundown.  I love the picture of Passover, when obedience led to deliverance from death.  Christ was obedient and He was the sacrifice for our deliverance from death in our sin.  Tonight we held a very loose symbolism of the passover dinner, something I really had to stretch (super duper) We have 5 children who might get a little bit angry if bitter greens, and pured apples, and nuts were the highlights of dinner.  So I pulled from the traditional Seder dinner, and accommodate the family.  Now remember I said I really stretched.  We had Lamb and (grilled steak for those of us who don't like lamb - me), romaine lettuce instead of bitter herbs,  potatoes a-rotten (as Kylor calls them), instead of roasted potatoes, and deviled eggs, instead of roasted eggs.  I did do plain apples, no nuts or wine mixed in though.  So all in all it was a great night.  The kiddos had a blast talking about what everything means on the plate, and what the bible says about everything that happened on passover.  This is one of the boys all time favorite stories, what boy does not love to hear about bugs, blood, and gross lesions on people, not to mention the Angel of Death.   I adore the beauty and foreshadowing of the Old  Testament.  I found great information about the Passover Dinner here, and fun coloring pages for the kiddos here.  


Our dinner looked nothing like this, but it sure was fun anyway!

No comments: