Lets Celebrate...
I'm excited. It is almost Passion Week, and for the first time ever I'm really excited about celebrating! Not because Christ's death and resurrection have never moved me before, but this year I have decided that we will really "do it up." Have you ever realized that we celebrate more for Christmas then we do for Easter...hmmm that got me thinking about something else no where in the bible does it say to remember Christ's birth, but we are frequently reminded to remember Christ's death. We are celebrating God's love, sacrifice and power this week in full force. My hope and prayer is that each celebration, activity and observance deepens our understanding and awe of exactly what Christ's death and resurrection means to each of us personally.
So this is how we celebrated today: Palm Sunday:Jesus' Triumphant entry into Jerusalem. The kiddos and I talked on the way to church today what happend to Jesus today. We talked about how excited everyone was for Jesus to enter town, and how they threw down palm leaves and coats. We talked about a way we could celebrate and remember that very special day. So we made crafts with palm leaves, laid down palm leaves and jackets to walk on (Kaden's idea) and ended the day with a yummy special black cow dessert to celebrate Jesus triumphal entry, and the story from Luke.
I am so excited for this week and can't wait to tackle the Passover tomorrow..Kaden asked if we were going to kill a lamb, I said no!
No comments:
Post a Comment