Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 8,2008


Good Afternoon!
First of all I want to apoligize for getting behind in the updates, it has been a little bit crazy, but I should be able to get things back on track now. I also want to thank everyone for all the calls, cards,food, flowers, balloons, encouragement and most importantly prayers. We couldn't have made it through this challenging time without each of you, we love you all.
Now to the updates. The boys continue to do great, we are trying to stay patient as we want to bring our babies home now, but know it will be in the perfect time. Kyson continues to hold on to the title of the big brother, he is at 5 lb 3 ounces, and 17 inches long. He is taking most all of his feeds by the bottle, which is the goal in order to come home. Kelson is catching up to brother he is at 4 lb 11 ounces and just under 17 inches long. They still have him in the incubator, but they have turned the heat down to the lowest setting, and he is maintaining his temperature well, so in a few days they hope to take him out of the incubator, to see if he can keep his temp up on his own. Kelson is also working on the bottle feedings, he is taking them well, he does not have quite the stamina of Kyson, but we know that will come soon. So in the meantime they contine to feed with his tube.
As for myself I was released from the hospital on Sunday evening, on the condition that I would remain on strict bedrest. I must remain flat with ,my foot elevated, and can only get up for bathroom priviliges. It is a challenge, but Kevin & grandma do a good job of making sure I am not getting up at all! I go to the local lab to get my blood checked every MWF, and the lab results are called into the Dr, then my medcation is adjusted accordingly. Right now I am only on the oral blood thinners, but depending on my results I may have to add the injections to the mix. Right now it is a guessing game, untill they get my blood levels where they want them. As for the clots in my leg, I return to the Hematologist in Vegas on Friday morning, so they can run some more blood tests, as well as check the clots with the ultrasound. If the clots have disolved they will schedule the removal of the filter that they put in last week, if not, we will delay the removal. We pray that the filter can be removed, because anything over two weeks gets harder to remove, and if it stays in for 3 weeks, then there is no removing it, and I must remain on the blood thinners for the rest of my life. I have found one perk of being on the blood thinners, I get out of eating peas, and salad, who knew they were high in vitamin K, anything to avoid peas!!!!
The rest of the family remains healthy. Kendall is cutting teeth, so besides a slight fever, and grouchiness she is well.
Once again thank you all for everything, each of you have helped us in so many ways.
Love to all
Keeping it Krazy,The Dunlap 7 Aka: Kevin, Codi, Kaden, Kylor, Kendall, Kyson and Kelson

No comments: