Thursday, January 14, 2010

On our knees..


You're the God of this City You're the King of these people You're the Lord of this nation You are

You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are


 There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God


For greater things have yet to come  And greater things are still to be done in this City  Greater thing have yet to come  And greater things are still to be done in this City  There is no one like our God  There is no one like our God 



I have found comfort in these lyrics by Chris Tomlin.  The more I watch, the news about the devastation in Haiti the more hopeless I feel. Suddenly I grasped hold of the obvious: "I don't have to just sit here feeling like there's nothing I can do. I can find a way to give like getting down on my knees in believing prayer and back up on my feet to open my wallet. There are so many organizations and churches on the ground helping.  I pray that we can rally behind these "hands & feet" and support them.  



No comments: