We are celebrating today because we survived the first year as a daddy & mommy of twins. There were moments when it was touch & go there but in the end we did it! And if we can toot our own horn for a moment, we are proud of having survived the first year with twins.
One year ago my life changed forever. The both of you were not scheduled for another 8 weeks, so I just knew that it was not "the time," I can't help the tears stream down my face as I think about meeting my little peanuts for the first time. The most beautiful sound I ever heard was the soft cries of my baby boy being born and my ears ached longing to hear the sweet sound of my 2nd baby boy crying. You were both so small, but I absolutely knew you would be just fine. God brought you into to this world, at just the perfect time for His perfect plan for your life to begin, after all He had been planning your grand entrance since the beginning of time. He created these tiny little boys to fill the space in our hearts. And this day is tattooed in my heart forever.
To my sweet peanuts: I remember your birth like it happened moments ago and I distinctly remember it was love at first sight. I remember all I wanted was to hold you in my arms and never let you go. We were separated for what seemed like eternity,but God took such good care of you, and each homecoming was so special. I love you more than I ever imagined possible. With each day I know you, I realize my life would have never been complete without you both in it. You both have brought the missing pieces to our family. You remind me of all the good that life has to offer. Every moment I'm away from you is a moment too long. This year you've taught me so many things. I never imagined revolving my world around another human being and now it's completely wrapped around the two of you. You have changed me forever. I 'm not the woman I once was. You have taught me patience and perseverance. You've taught me to be vulnerable and to be selfless. You've taught me that I can control nothing. You've made me see in myself incredible strength and yet clearly see my weaknesses. We did it boys. We made it through this year with all of its ups & downs & highs & lows & happiness & even the difficult scary sad moments. I loved every moment. Thanks be to God for the wonderful package he so gently gave us one year ago, our little preemie peanuts weighing in at 3 & 4 pounds are now tipping the scales, and so big and strong. Watch out - cause the Dunlap boys are coming!!!!
2 comments:
Congrats and Good Job Mom!
Happy Birthday Kyson and Kelson!
WOW, what a year it has been! We LOVE you
grandpa and grandma
Post a Comment