Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The list....

We are in full swing of summer vacation, and loving every minute of it.  The big boys and I came up with a list of some things that we would like to do this summer, little did I know that I would have to do lots of studying in order to do some of these things.  Some help my college degree is if I can't even explain what is inside a black hole!  So here is our list:
1. Learn how to fix cars with daddy
2. Make a bird, do they have bones, whats inside, make a bird feeder (one side note, this idea came from Kylor, he said that I want to make a bird, I responded we don't make birds only God does, Kylor said God can tell us how.  Yes He can, but He is telling me to make it with clay!)
3. Make Monkey bread
4. Learn about worms, make worm pudding, read how to eat fried worms.
5. Learn to sew a pair of shorts.
6. Learn to sew a seal, learn about seals, why they are so smooth.
7. Make crayons into fun molds
8. Learn about climbing animals, and insects.
9. Learn to make rubber (silly putty)
10. make a house out of clay - make sure it is hard (per Kylor)
11. Learn about spiders
12. Learn about fish & crabs - eat fish (Kylor, again)
13. Black holes - what inside of them? (Kaden)
14. How crystals form? make rock candy
15. Learn about electricity - Kaden suggests that Mr Chris will help us with this (are you ready Mr. electricity?)
16. What is smoke?
17. Lions - why are they called king of the jungle?
18. Make a marshmallow gun.
19. make our own marshmallows.
So I guess this will get us started, but not without a trip to the library 1st!
I love summer but am always looking for more ideas! Anyone have any?

No comments: