In the normal way of the Dunlap house, and the chaos that seems to surround us all the time, little things that the boys ask sometimes does not make me wonder until I stop and think about what they are asking. Today, Kaden came running into the house after being out in the desert with his brother. I was preparing the babies food, as they were screaming, Kevin was on the phone asking me if I wanted bone-in or boneless pork roast, and along come Kaden...."I need 2 straws mama." Okay get them you know where they are at. As I hung up with Kevin, I thought for a minute, first where is your brother?? and why do you need 2 straws. "Kylor is in the desert with the barrel cactus," he replied "and we need straws to drink out the water." (Before you may question their hydration...yes I do give them water...) "we broke open a barrel cactus, and are going to drink out the water" Oh silly me, I thought that's what we pay for, but apparently that is not good enough, at least they are paying attention in school I guess....What excitement they bring, I was thankful that it was not a saguaro, I think they frown on that here.
Monday, January 26, 2009
I need 2 straws.....
In the normal way of the Dunlap house, and the chaos that seems to surround us all the time, little things that the boys ask sometimes does not make me wonder until I stop and think about what they are asking. Today, Kaden came running into the house after being out in the desert with his brother. I was preparing the babies food, as they were screaming, Kevin was on the phone asking me if I wanted bone-in or boneless pork roast, and along come Kaden...."I need 2 straws mama." Okay get them you know where they are at. As I hung up with Kevin, I thought for a minute, first where is your brother?? and why do you need 2 straws. "Kylor is in the desert with the barrel cactus," he replied "and we need straws to drink out the water." (Before you may question their hydration...yes I do give them water...) "we broke open a barrel cactus, and are going to drink out the water" Oh silly me, I thought that's what we pay for, but apparently that is not good enough, at least they are paying attention in school I guess....What excitement they bring, I was thankful that it was not a saguaro, I think they frown on that here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment