Miss Kendall turned 2 today. We decided to have a nice quiet party with just our family, that's a crowd in itself. So we began the day with pink frosted cinnamon rolls, and a birthday serenade from the big brothers & mommy & daddy. I decided that it would be cute to leave one of her presents unwrapped on the table next to her plate. I had gotten her a mommy & me doll, a few weeks ago, it cuddles & coos, and moves - very cute. After I bought it I heard on the news about some parents who were disgruntled with the doll & what it said. I thought for sure that it must have been an older model of the doll, so I did not think to much about it. Needless to say I was wrong. The doll coos, and said mama, then clear as day it said - "Islam is the light" no mumbling - very clear. Kevin & I were quiet appalled but how do you tell your now 2 year old that she cannot have her birthday present anymore - since all the kids are running around now yelling "mama is the light" thank goodness they misunderstood the doll! Oh I also forgot to mention that this cute little doll happened to have very dark skin tones - I was trying to broaden her baby collection- not a good choice in this circumstance!!! So once nap time rolled around we hid the doll and returned it to Target. She did ask for it a few times throughout the day, but we quickly distracted her - what horrible parents we are - Indian givers!!
So after the doll incident we spent the rest of the day celebrating - we went to the park, and played and played so much fun! Then it was home for a hot dog roast over the fire pit in the backyard, Kendall stays far away, she does not like the fire so she just puts her order in and watches from a far. Finally it was time for pink cupcakes, and chocolate ice cream and of course presents that don't instill subliminal terrorist messages - he he!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment