Friday, January 27, 2012

Praising in the storm....

Has there ever been a time you've felt God calling you to give Him  glory in a way you just weren't excited about?....last night during our small group my husband asked this question.  At first thought the answer was simple, No, then  I was suddenly flooded with the emotions that surrounded the day the twins were born.  During the crisis we were thankful for their life, but found it hard to praise God immediately, not knowing if they were going to make it more than 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour or one day.  I became so caught up in the immediate crisis of  fear and unknowing that I was afraid to praise God because I wasn't sure what it was I was praising Him for, then in what seemed like a matter of seconds I was flooded with the truth of God that throughout my life I am going to face situations that is beyond what I can handle, and that is exactly where God wanted me.  

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

We turned our fears over to God, and gave the babies to Him, they were his creation and his children and we understood that He was ultimately in control and we would praise for each day and take it one day at a time.  
While life is uncertain, God is not
While our power is limited, God's power is limitless.
While our hope may be fragile or completely shattered, God is hope himself.  

Has there ever been a time you've felt God calling you to give Him  glory in a way you just weren't excited about?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

those are thought provoking questions...thanks...