Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day 08

We hope ya'all have had a wonderful weekend! We enjoyed the time off and being together, the weather was actually not that bad here either. For the most part we had a pretty peaceful weekend so we decided to end the weekend with a bang, and take the whole family to Target to get a potty seat and then go grocery shopping. Whew what an adventure, you can just imagine two babies, Kendall and two boys on their heeleys. By the time we were checking out we had two and half eaten string cheeses, two empty chocolate milks, and a half eaten plum, that Kendall found somewhere in the produce section, the cashier was very nice, and weighed Kendalls half eaten plum, threw away the string cheese wrappers, and accepted all the items that ended up in our cart that we didn't need, like mangos, jalepenos, and various bags of whatever Kendall could reach. Needeless to say we were all a little tired, but decided to introduce Kendall to the potty, she thinks that it is pretty cool, to sit on at least, but it just doesn't hold as much toilet paper as she would like. So the baby was left to learn how to use the potty while Kendall brushed her teeth.
One more lesson I learned tonight is that a sink of water can fill up much quicker than it empties. The boys have chores to do each night, and Kaden was washing the dishes I told him to let the sink fill up to wash, I forgot to say not all the way, so as I walked by the kitchen and saw Kaden stripping down (which should have been my first clue) I noticed the water was overflowing onto him, as well as the floor. And of course there is Miss Kendall holding on to Kadens' legs for dear life so she wasn't swept away in the flood I guess.
What a night!

No comments: